How are community-based organizations using social media and ICT in their HIV work and what lessons are they acquiring in the process?
How can I use Social Media more effectively?
Reach out to your audience to find out which social media they use, and how
Social media should be seen as a dialogue, remember the person behind the technology
Keep a close eye on the progression of your activities, measure and adapt them as need be
On the wild frontier of the online world, it’s important to protect those you are working with, and yourself
Social Media and ICT are being used in countless ways:
- to provide direct support to those who are living with HIV;
- to promote HIV testing and treatment adherence;
- to support the work of healthcare providers;
- to educate diverse communities about HIV and sexual health;
- to advocate for the rights of those who are underserved and marginalized.
Here, find examples of projects and publications from around the world.